In the next few lines, I am going to tell you precisely how successful online marketeers do it. In all seriousness, this is probably the most potentially profitable email I have ever written for you. You may want to read these few paragraphs several times, print them out and stick them to the wall. This is, in many ways, THE secret.
They key word – and it’s not a sexy or exciting word – but the key word is Optimisation.
You’ve been sold a big lie by the internet world. The big lie is that there are one or maybe two marketing methods that hold the key to your riches. It’s all about SEO or it’s all about Facebook, etc etc.
The truth is less glamorous. But it’s far, far more exciting, if you’re willing to grasp is.
The truth is that if you really want to achieve extraordinary things with the internet, you must start obsessing about Optimisation.
What is Optimisation? Put simply, it is the process of making small to medium improvements to EVERYTHING that leads to a sale.
Here’s a simple example. Someone looking for a 6 week Beach Body Programme for a forthcoming holiday clicks on a Google pay per click ad. They arrive at a web page with copy and a video promoting the programme. They click the order button, fill out the form and buy the product. The thank you page says ‘thank you’ and confirms the order. They receive an email confirming the order. Sale complete
100 people click on the Google ad every day. Half of them watch the video in full. 10% of those buy. That’s 5 sales per day.
Optimisation is the process of testing and improving every small element in that process. That would include improving:
- The keywords used on Google
- The headline of the ad
- The copy of the ad
- The display URL in the ad
- The headline on the page they land at
- The copy on the page
- The font and colours used on the page
- Pictures and graphics on the page
- The first 10 seconds of the video
- The rest of the video
- The ‘call to action’ at the end of the video
- The wording on the order button
- The colour of the order button
- The actual offer – including the price and bonuses
- The wording at the top of the order page
- The layout and wording and ease of use of the order page
- The use of testimonials on the order page
- The wording of the confirmation button
- An additional upsell offer on the thank you page
- The price and positioning of that offer
- Adding an additional purchase option in the confirmation email
- Writing a sequence of follow up emails offering additional items
- Following up on the phone with the customer
- Following up with direct mail with the customer
- Online remarketing to the customers and to people who did not buy
There are actually many more….but those are 25 to keep going.
Can you even begin to imagine the increase in profits if you achieved just a 5% increase in all 25 areas?
Going back to our example, It would be very normal for this type of optimisation to increase the clicks from Google to 150 per day, increase the numbers watching all of the video to 75% and increase the percentage who buy to at least 15%. That would produce 16 sales per day compared to 5 previously. An increase of over 200%
I have just told you how to become a marketing genius online. It is that simple but virtually no one does it.
How many of the 25 above are you focusing on?
Success is a choice. You just need to make the right choices. And stop making the wrong ones.