Welcome to our series on “Maximising your Fitness Club Sales”.
The first 10 seconds is going to be vital in creating the right first impression and to overcome the prospects likely anxiety about the experience.
The really good sales people will prepare themselves for the meeting by adopting a particular ‘game face’ and attitude by thinking themselves in to the customer centric zone with these self questions
- I wonder how i will be able to help this person
- I wonder what we will have in common
- I wonder what i will really like about this person
By psyching yourself up, the sales person is preparing to ask a lot of investigative questions to uncover the deep seated motivations of the prospect and most importantly to relax the visitor by getting them to open up about themselves and start a line of communication with the sales staff.
The other benefit is that this technique creates a lift in self confidence evident in the body language of the sales person and key to establishing the right type of image in the first 10 seconds of the meeting .
Welcome to our series on “Maximising your Fitness Club Sales”. Over the next 2 weeks we will be explaining the ultimate sales system.
Pre Meet Key Actions
- Your sales team to have pre-confirmed the appointment – show rates increase 20% with a confirmation call on the day of; (for afternoon and evening appointments ) or the night before for morning meetings.
- The customer knows exactly where to report to and who to ask for.
- Reception are suitably prepared and briefed for the visit (with some sort of diary system) They know the name of the visitor, the time and reason for the visit and the sales staff handling the visit.
- There is a waiting area where the customer can be seated, if there is a delay in the arrival of the sales person. Ideally the Club should provide a range of information for the prospect to look at, particularly testimonials of happy members, events that show the club to be more than just a workout gym and the expertise of the staff . If possible the waiting area should have facilities for presentations (powerpoint or video ), wallcharts of club achievements. You will notice I am not advocating the customer filling in customer enquiry cards which i think is counter productive .My new mantra is “ If John Lewis don’t do it when i visit there stores – we need to think again”